Thursday, April 5, 2007

Swinging, Swinging all the day.....

Kevin has been very fussy lately and wants to spend a lot of time in his swing. Since an hour can go by I tied a string to the top so I can sit and Stitch or fold laundry while pulling the string with my foot.
I was stitching one day and suddenly thought "Kevin is being very quiet" so I looked up and he was asleep. I laughed for a bit then got up so I could pull him out. Before I could walk across the room he had lifted his head and let out a "Maaaaa" and started bouncing himself up and down with his One foot that reaches.
I started swinging him again and his head immediately laid back down and he was happy. Each time I would stop, after about 6 seconds he would wake up let out one "maaa" and then bounce himself. I wasn't sure what to do because I would be a bad mother if I let him just hang there for his afternoon nap.
Well I decided to stand by him and pick him up as soon as I stopped. It worked great. However, he has decided that this is the way he wants to fall asleep everyday. I'm hoping it's just a faze.

No comments: