Wednesday, October 8, 2008

6 quirks about me

I was tagged by a friend a little while ago, 5 random facts, and it was similar to the tag I was just tagged with by my sister-in-law Kelli. I guess she knows there are enough random/quirky things about me to fill 2 tags!!!

Here are the rules:

*Link to the person who tagged you - Kelli
* Post the rules on your blog
* Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
So here we go.....

1. I have very small, fat feet........4 wide. I know that some people may be jealous of this but it's no picnic. Size 4 means I have to shop in little girls and they don't normally make WIDE so I have to buy a couple sizes bigger, just to get the width.

2. I say order, shorter, mortar weird. I'm sure there are some more but I'm not going to say a bunch of words to find out. These are the 3 that have been pointed out to me by my loving sister, oh so many times!! I can't explain how I say it different, I just do. I roll the "D" sound. You know how in Spanish they roll the "R" sometimes, well I roll the "D" sound. I tried recording it so you could hear but you have to hear it in person to really hear it.

3. I am addicted to blogging and digital scrapbooking. I check every ones blogs once a day and if they have posted something new I check it twice so I can read it more than once. I love designing templates for new scrapbook pages and dreaming about being all caught up and being able to just sit and look through my books!

4. I'm afraid of the dark! I sing myself into my bed at night because if i don't I can't turn off the lights!! Nick laughs at me, but whenever possible I call him on the phone before I turn off the lights and walk to my bed so that if anything is under my bed or hiding around the corner and jumps out to grab me, I can tell Nick! Like he could do anything about it, but ya know, it's the thought that counts!!

5. I am afraid of water! Drowning is my biggest phobia. I am afraid of water I can't see through (lake, pond, rez) because if I can't see through the water then I won't know if a shark or alligator is coming to eat me! I refuse to ever get on a cruise ship! I almost threw up when we toured the Queen Elizabeth and I looked over the rail to see a manikin "working" on the propeller (to show the size) down in the water. Images of him being eaten or me falling over the edge and being eaten were almost more than my stomach could handle!

6. I write down every name I go through the temple for. When I sit in the chapel, instead of staring at the wall or reading the scriptures (like I maybe should) I memorize the name, birth date and birth place. I say a prayer to try and feel close to them, then through the session I go. I feel good that I don't have to pull the card out of my pocket to remember what the name is, when I need to. After we leave and get back to the car I pull out a little book I keep in my Temple bag and write the name, birth date, birthplace and the temple down. I don't know why I started. The first time I went back after my own endowment I decided to write her name down and I've done it ever since.

There you go. 6 random/quirky facts about me. I am going to tag:

Brittany

I know you'll come up with something to make me laugh.

Do unto others and all that jazz

Christopher Nielsen

It's about time you add something to that blog

Lauren Nielsen

Yes I'm tagging both of you, separately!!

Moki

I think I could name the first quirk.. cough cough, hair ball!

Tiffany

I'm adding you to my circle of friends. I hope you don't mind!

Can't wait to see how quirky you guys are!!

6 comments:

The Comeau Family said...

Haha, you picked good quirks. btw-were you the one that had the thing about rubbing ears? Rees always twists at my collar bone when he is falling asleep and I always think about that but I can never remember for sure if it is you.

Fire -n- Ice said...

Thanks for doing my tag, even though you had already done one basically the same. I appreciate it because I really didn't know anyone else. :)

The Askeroth Family said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll definitely take on the challenge...as soon as I can think of some quirks of mine. (more like narrow it down!)

The Castle Carriage said...

Hey that was 6 quirks? And yes she was the one that sucked her tongue and rubbed anyones ear that would sit still for it. Fun blog! Love Mom

Greg and Mel said...

I'm the same way about digital scrapbooking and blogging. I think my family thinks I'm super annoying cause I'm always changing my backgrounds!! I think its cool your write the names down from the temple. I always think about the person I'm going through for, but thats pretty cool :)
-mel

Moki said...

Help...I cant do all those things! If I post can I skip the other steps?...