Monday, October 6, 2008

Holy Cow! (bubbles)

So I just read that PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) wrote a letter to Ben & Jerry's ice cream asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow's milk.

PETA's argument: "The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense. Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

Ben & Jerry's reply: "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child."

I think Moki could make a fortune but I don't think I would be eating ice cream ever!!! So if this switch happened would Ice Cream become a 'natural' food you could consume Em?? Yuck!?! I think we should tell Dad they are doing it to cheese and dorito chips and see if he can ever look at cheezy nachos again!

You can read the entire article Here!

5 comments:

The Comeau Family said...

Sick nasty!!! We heard about this too. I totally thought the article was a joke at first. Some people just need to be put out of their misery for have way to much time on their hands. Breast milk in ice cream...jeez

Emily said...

Really, if you really, really think about it...It's not that much grosser than the breast milk of a cow??!! :)

AND...I'm afraid to say, it would not be on our consumable list with all of the refined sugar in it....and as for the breast milk part..well, it would depend on the diet of the 'producer'! And even then, it would be tough for me to stomach!

Funny stuff though! I wish the PETA folks would start fighting for some REAL issues that are hurting our country.

But that's just me!

Love ya, Em

PS. I am totally bummed about your camera! I hope that it comes back to you safe and sound and SOON!!

Fire -n- Ice said...

That's disgusting! I can't even stand the thought of touching even my own milk, let alone drink someone else's! :P

Meka said...

Why don't they spend their time trying to stop actual animal abuse, why are they worrying about milking a cow? When I worked at petco we had "fancy rats" which were dumbo and different colored ones and "feeder rats" which were white rats with red eyes. Well peta complained and said we couldn't just call the white rats feeder rats, and that made it so all the rats were feeder rats. So then Dumbo rats, which are really bred for pets started going for snake food. Can you believe my little Bandit could have been snake food? I like white rats too but if white rats only went as snake food then I would only have to worry about saving white rats, do you get what I mean? And look at that lovely picture of the cow you have, I think it's saying I will share my milk, it's better than yours, milk me.

Greg and Mel said...

Oh thats pretty crazy and disgusting!!