Friday, January 16, 2009

A night to "glow"t about

I have to say that I am totally addicted to the 99 cents store or the dollar bins at Target, JoAnns, etc. I know everyone else passes them up because they are just cheap dollar things but I find some really cool and really cheap things.

The other day I was at JoAnns and in their $1 section were these tubes of Glow in the Dark sticks. 15 sticks for 60 cents! Usually glow stick are expensive and saved for special occasions. Not in our family.

Kevin wanted to watch a movie the other night and I was tired of movies so I turned off all the lights and I grabbed out the glow sticks. He had so much fun throwing them around, putting them on his feet, ears, arms. He never asked for a movie again (that night)

Of course Wyatt was already in bed but I'm sure he would have found them just as cool. I love cheap toys! Kevin and I had a blast that night playing together for only 20 cents! Usually Kevin sleeps with his trucks or his cow but that night he slept with his "lights"

The pictures are all blurry but I think they look cool. Kevin's favorite thing to do with the lights was to jump on his tramp.

So if any of you ever wonder what to get Kevin or ME, wonder no more. Almost anything from the $1 section at a store we can have fun with!

3 comments:

The Castle Carriage said...

Very cute, you can also get some fun cheap at Oriental Trading. The only problem with them is you have to get a gross which is usually 144 pieces of what ever. Fun pics and a wonderful alternative to a Movie. I wonder if Grandpa Castle would go for that? Love Mom

Emily said...

Sweet...now I know what to getcha for your birthday!

We also like to play hide and seek with 'em....or maybe a more proper name would be (easter egg hunt) but in the dark with glow sticks...you catch my drift...our kids LOVE it!

Keep up the good work!

Fire -n- Ice said...

Fun! Your pictures do look cool. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to entertain kids when you aren't even trying very hard! And of course lights are a BIG hit in our family! That is one of the things past down from Daddy. Good work keeping the tv off, that can be hard to do in my house sometimes! :)