Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Brothers and sisters, our children take their flight into the future with our thrust and with our aim. And even as we anxiously watch that arrow in flight and know all the evils that can deflect its course after it has left our hand, nevertheless we take courage in remembering that the most important mortal factor in determining that arrow’s destination will be the stability, strength, and unwavering certainty of the holder of the bow.

Carl Sandburg once said, “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.”

“And [Jesus] said unto them: Behold your little ones.

“And … they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending … as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.”

“Motherhood, is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”



I've been thinking a lot about children, being a Mom, Family and the Lord's timing this week. I don't know all the details in his great plan but I do know that we will welcome baby #4 with open arms in mid October!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

How WONDERFUL!!

Esther...if anyone can do it YOU CAN!!

I am amazed at the trust the Lord has in you. You are definitely helping to further His kingdom in a grand and wonderful way!

Can't wait to chat with ya!

Love you so very much!!!

Ashley said...

So a couple of things...
1)if this is an April Fools joke than it was perfect because I sat here with my mouth hanging open for a full 30 seconds before the idea of it being an april fools joke even entered my mind. If not then...
2)Congratulations!!! Babies are ALWAYS blessings and we are so happy for you guys.
3)Putting a big long quote from a general authority is an excellent defensive tactic. Good thinking chica ;0)

Lauren said...

I'm with Ashley! Should I believe you or not?? If so congrats! I'm dying for another one!!!

Emily said...

Oh how funny...it did not even occur to me that you might be foolin'!

If so...very clever.

If no...see my comment above! ;)

The Castle Carriage said...

Esther, this better be April fools!!! :) Love you Mom

Fire -n- Ice said...

Haha!! This is driving me crazy now. My first thought... Haha! She really did get pregnant before me. But now I'm wondering... is it April Fools. Cause a couple of days ago you were POSITIVE that you weren't!! PLEASE tell us!!! I'm going crazy now!!