Friday, October 1, 2010

Funny Friday

Ring Ring!
Me: Hello?
Caller: Is Esther Jones there?
Me: This is her.
Caller: This is (so and so) from the Republican party and I was calling for a brief survey.
Me: Okay
Caller: So I need to talk to Esther Jones.
Me: This is her.
Caller: Is this Thee Esther Jones (not the, thee).
Me: This is the only Esther Jones at this number.
Caller: I need to talk to someone 18 or older.
Me: I am 25.
Caller: Oh you are! I'm so sorry. Can I ask you a couple questions?


Just in case anyone was wondering, I am THEE Esther Jones.


The other day Kevin and I were at the store and this is how our conversation went....

Kevin: Mommy I want that dress
Me: You can't have that dress
Kevin: Why?
Me: Because dresses are for girls and you are a boy.
Kevin: I want to be a girl
Me: You can't be a girl.
Kevin: Why?
Me: Because you are a boy.
Kevin: But I want to be a girl.
Me: Sorry Kev. You are a boy and you can't be a girl.
Kevin: Can we get this Barbie movie?
Me: Go talk to your Dad.

Anyone know how to convince a boy he can't be a girl?

Me Either.

2 comments:

Fire -n- Ice said...

Haha! I love both those funny stories! Thanks for the laugh!

Emily said...

Well if you can't be a little girl forever...at least you can sound like one!?!

Poor Kevin. Girls just wanna have fun!?

So FUNNY!!