Friday, November 26, 2010

Freaky Friday

The other day, Alex, Kevin, Jacob, Wyatt, Emmitt and Mekyla were all playing in the backyard. I was paying bills so I left the back door open and checked on the kids every minutes. Well I had just checked on the kids, sat back down at the computer and set my timer for 5 minutes. All of the sudden I hear Jake yell,
"Aunt Esther the baby, Aunt Esther the baby."
I got up and hurried outside. As I stepped out the door I saw Kevin step away from Kyla and realized she was soaking wet from her head to her waist!!

She was playing in the dog water, leaned too far over and fell in!!! Luckily for me Kevin ran over and pulled her out. I picked her up and she was frozen. She didn't cry she just stared. I put her in a warm bath, then held her and cried. She slept for hours and I just kept a hold of her.

Nick went out and tipped over the dog water immediately. I felt horrible all day. I thought that checking on them every 5 minutes was good, but if Kevin hadn't pulled her out of the water, she would have drowned before I came back out to check. It still makes me sick to think about it.

We are so blessed that her guardian angels were watching over her and that Kevin is sweet enough to listen to them. We would be lost without our Kyla Suits. We all were all singing extra songs of praise this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Fire -n- Ice said...

Wow! That is so scary! Thank goodness for the older ones that always yell and help. Glad she is alright!