Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Kevin

I can not believe that my Kevin is 5! It seems like yesterday that we brought him home and started the parenthood journey, but at the same time I can't remember the little bundle we brought home. It seems like he has always been a big boy. I wish I had had my baby longer. That time wasn't racing by in the blink of an eye. I wish I could remember his chubby smile and his baby voice. I am saddened by how fast he has grown up but I am so proud of him and I am in love with the boy he has become.

Kevin is such a 'Good boy'. He has a tender Spirit and really feels bad if he makes me or Nick upset or if we raise our voices at all. He tries really hard to be perfect, and I'm not saying we expect him to be perfect, that is just the way he is. He loves to help out and he loves to make people happy. Kevin has a HUGE smile and he likes making new friends, but his cousins are his best friends.

Kevin always keeps us laughing. The things he says or the questions he asks are too funny.
Kevin: Mom is this a bad guy song? (while watching Anastasia)
Me: Yes it is. Why?
Kevin: Because I like it. (sad face)
Me: You can like it even if it's a bad guy song it's okay.
Kevin: Really? Oh good cause I really like it. (big smile)

Kevin: Mom when Wyatt makes that noise (high pitched screeching sound) it makes my brain go crazy! Like very very crazy ... like exploding crazy!

Kevin: Mom why are there no Dinosaurs on earf?
Me: Because they all died a long long time ago.
Kevin: Did Jesus shoot them all?
Me: What?!!!!

Kevin is 44.5" tall and weighs 47lbs and wears a size 11 shoe. Kevin would start Kindergarten this year but we have decided to hold him back a year. He is very smart and we know he would do really well but it is just better for boys when they are held back a year. We think it will be batter for him in the long run and I am NOT ready for him to go to school yet. I know he is growing up fast but if he was already going to school I would die. I have the feeling that once he starts school he will graduate leave for a mission and then be married and have a family of his own before I can even blink! We have put him in the Clark County preschool offered in Overton. He got to see a picture of his classroom on the computer and he is really excited to go. He asks everyday, "How many days until I get to go to my big tree school?". He will only be gone 2 hours, 2 days a week. I think I will be able to handle that much but we'll see :o)



We love our Kevy Kev. He is such a sweetheart and we are so lucky to have him. He is an amazing big brother and I think Wyatt Kyla and David will always have someone they can turn to for help and comfort. Kevin has a wonderful spirit and I hope that Nick and I can point him down the path his Heavenly Father wants him to follow. Kevin already teaches Nick and I so much. We know he is going to go far and we hope that we don't get in his way or make him stumble. We are sad to watch him grow but honored to be by his side while he does.
We love you Kevin. Happy Birthday!

No comments: